Make those expensive high end devices with 100% yield and do it faster than conventional coated mandrels!
Same day shipment in all in-stock items.
Have a custom order? Well we deliver in less than 7 days!
- Lowest thermal mass
- Fastest release
- Zero risk or contamination
- Durability and compressive strength
- Electrical insulation
- Resistant to corrosion and damage
- Resistant to high temperatures, up to 500º F
- Highly lubricious, making them easier to remove from expensive devices
- Consistency and elimination of contamination risk
- Can achieve a high-performance ground surface finish
Polytetrafluoroethylene, or PTFE, is a highly lubricous polymer with many applications. One important application is in medical devices and components, like stainless steel PTFE-coated hypo-tubes, where it is widely used because of its high biocompatibility and inertness.
Stainless steel PTFE-coated hypo-tubes are small diameter hollow tubes that are common within the medical device industry. While they are an important component of the hypodermic needle – which is where they get their name – they are ideal for the production of EP catheters, guidewire cores, and alternatives to wires in neurology, embolic protection, carotid artery therapy, and more.
Because stainless steel PTFE-coated hypo-tubes can degrade over time, the coating peels off, and have extremely long coating lead times, see our NEW Quick Release PTFE Glass tubing technology.